Information for admitted students only
Your admission letter will be available for download from your C@mpus account as soon as you accept the study place offer. Although you have time to accept the study place offer until end of August, we recommend you to accept it already now, even if you change your mind later because you need the admission letter to apply for visa and student dormitory.
Having downloaded the admission letter you should immediately start processing your visa application. The visa process sometimes takes more than 3 months. Please refer on your application to GEOENGINE. Please also note that you must not enter Germany with any visa but a student visa. Tourist visa or other types of visa will not be converted to a student visa after having entered Germany.
A few weeks after having received admission, a "Pre-Departure Information" and a manual on "How to apply online for housing in one of the student dormitories" will be sent to you by E-Mail.
Please make sure you arrive in time for the language class, which is already compulsory part of the GEOENGINE program. The language classes will start in the first week of September. In exceptional cases (i.e. visa delays) the day of arrival can be postponed until September 30 and the language course might be attended in spring next year.
Enrollment / Duration / Schedule:
Enrollment will take place after arrival but not later than November 15. The standard period of study is 4 semesters. Schedule of the international M.Sc. program GEOENGINE e.g. for year 2020:
- Students arrival: not later than September 01
- Registration at the International Office: September 01
- Official welcome by the International Office: September 02
- Introduction to the intensive German course and placement test: September 03
- Session: Important advice about living & studying in Stuttgart: September 04
- Start of German language classes (Mon-Fri: 8:30 am-1.45 pm or 2 pm-7.15 pm): September 07
- Final exam and end of German language classes: October 09
- Start of regular M.Sc. classes: October 12
Please note: Attendance is mandatory at all the above events otherwise you will not be able to take up the course.